Sources say that if the Browns season opener vs the Steelers was today, that the quarterback would be none other than Derek Anderson. Brady Quinn they say is headed for a holdout, and Charlie Frye is not a good practice player, adding to his woes this past mini-camp.
Anderson played in 4 games last season, completing 63 percent of his throws and throwing five TD’s and 8 INT’s. He led the team to a home comeback win against the Chiefs, but then was brought back to earth as he lost games to the Steelers and Tampa Bay.
Some say that Anderson has the best arm in camp, and for sure looks like the most that would be ready to start if the season began today. Frye looks like a quarterback that was for sure effected by the drafting of Quinn, as if he knew the moment it happened that he would not be starting anymore. He has done nothing to prove that he is ready to take the competition in stride and win the job between the three.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on