While Browns head coach Romeo Crennel wants a new deal, ProFootballTalk.com is reporting that the team is not in any urgent hurry to get the deal done. The website says that a league source says that the team realizes that Crennel is under contract for another two seasons, and now that the speculation about him going to Miami has been put to rest (as if that was ever close to happening), why hurry up and get a deal done with Crennel? What if the Browns (and this shouldn’t happen) go backwards in 2008, the team could look elsewhere for a new coach.
There’s not the big of a deal for a new deal to get done for Crennel, and while GM Phil Savage has already said that the team will reward Crennel for a 10-6 season, the team still did not make the playoffs, and have not in this three seasons there. So look for the Browns to take their sweet time in getting something done with Crennel, as frankly the coach and his agent have no leverage whatsoever in asking the team to give them more years on his original deal at this time.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on