Talks With Anderson Will Continue Says Savage

Anderson

One day after reporting that Browns soon-to-be restricted free agent Derek Anderson turned down a three-year offer from the team, today the Akron Beacon Journal is reporting that the team says that there is no stall in talks with the quarterback.  The Columbus Dispatch reported that Anderson turned down the deal, that was said to be three years at $16 million with $11 mil of it guaranteed.  The story says that Anderson wants a five-year deal from the team, not a three-year deal.

Today’s Journal says that GM Phil Savage disputes that report, and that talks with Anderson’s agent have been “wide-ranging” and are on-going.  ‘We’ve talked about a contract from anywhere from two years to seven years,” Savage said. ”Primarily two-, three- and maybe even a four-year deal. They’ve talked about a six- or seven-year deal. A five-year contract has never been mentioned, and, yet, last week, there was a story about how they wanted a five-year deal. ‘It’s going to be something shorter term or longer term, but not in between.”

Anderson went 10-5 as the Browns starter this past season, his first as the starter with the team.  He played well till December, when the team lost a critical game in week 16 which basically cost them a playoff spot when the Titans overtook them for the final playoff spot due to a tiebreaker with a win over the Colts in week 17.  Overall Anderson, who will be playing in the Pro Bowl Sunday in Hawaii, threw 29 touchdowns and 19 interceptions with a QB rating of 82.5.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Browns Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

Leave a Reply