The Browns prep for the Cowboys begins for real today, as it’s the first Wednesday practice of the season. Earler today in Berea head coach Romeo Crennel said that Derek Anderson, Braylon Edwards and RB Jamal Lewis were all expected to practice today. Lewis had missed Monday’s Labor Day practice with a sore hammy.
As for Anderson, the coach says that he’ll start Sunday provided he can get through the session today without any major setbacks. One player that won’t be out there is OL Rex Hadnot, who is going to likely miss the game with a knee injury. Also Kris Griffin had an elbow flare up on Monday, and his status is unknown for the contest.
No doubt that getting on the same page as an offense is going to be important, don’t forget the entire offense hasn’t been able to practice together in about three weeks due to injuries, mostly suffered in that Monday night massacre in New York vs the Giants.
The team also announced their Captains for the 08 season – Special Teams – Josh Cribbs and Phil Dawson, offense – Anderson and Hank Fraley, and on Defense – Willie McGinest and Andra Davis.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on