Connect with us

Game Stories

Browns Choking; Steelers Get Away with 10-6 Win

It is time to bench DA. I have been saying for 2 years now that DA is “NOT” the man. He made several bad passes and 2 ints. DA threw behind Winslow on 3rd down, he threw a pass which was short to Edwards, then Edwards dropped another pass (5 in 2 games), another bad pass to Winslow on 3rd down, then he tries to force the ball in between 3 defenders, then he throws his 1st int when he threw behind Edwards, then he threw a terrible pass for his 2nd int to Steptoe at the goal line at the end of the half. Browns defense looked good in the 1st quarter and decent in the 2nd quarter. They are holding their own with an almost non existent pass rush.

I still say Wright is playing too far off the receivers, DA gets rattled too easily and calls time outs too often, and I don’t understand how Edwards makes his near impossible catches then misses easy ones right in his hands. Terrible clock management by Crennel to end the 1st half is a problem too. I say get Quinn in and sit DA down now!!!

2nd half not much if any better. Winslow dropped one right in his hands. Adams and McDonald get burned on a 48 yard catch, DA missed Wright who was wide open and only 5 yards away. Adams gets burned again on a 39 yard catch. You also can’t blame the line for DA’s 1st sack. The 2nd sack DA rolled out to the right and ran right into the defense. On the 1st sack he stood there way too long, looking around. Adams gets burned for a third time on a nice pass to the TE.

Crennel is not head coach material. I think a lot will agree with me after this game. He admitted that he blew the 1st half with his poor clock management. Then with just under 3 minutes left in the game Crennel called all 3 of our time outs, which left us with none when we got the ball back. I would fire Crennel, bench Anderson and start fining Edwards for all the passes he drops in his hands. The Browns looked like lame ducks this week.

Penalties were a thorn in the side again as usual. 10 penalties. 2.1 yards per carry? How can you win like that? Missing your passes and receivers dropping passes their hands is not a formula for winning either. Adams led the team in tackles, but also led the team in times getting burned. DA completed 56% of his passes with 2 interceptions and NO TD’s. Since they didn’t look much better than last week, I’m dropping my prediction again. Originally I picked them to go 12-4 but it’s down to 9-7 now. I’m so disappointed with the Browns right now, I can’t even think of anything good to say.

6 Comments

6 Comments

1. Chad Scott

September 15, 2008 at 11:23 am

Quit being an idiot, DA is NOT the problem. The horrible clock management, dropped passes, severe weather and the fact that they were playing a good team are the reasons for the 10-6 loss.

2. Yogui

September 15, 2008 at 2:27 pm

DA screw that up. I agree!!

At end of last season he made poor decisions and he will continue to make poor decisions, time will tell if we are right and you will see DA out.

3. WAYNEDAWG

September 15, 2008 at 6:43 pm

WE SUCK AGAIN !!!!!
    WE’LL GET EM NEXT YEAR. I’M TIRED OF IT!
    THIS HAS NOT BEEN FOOTBALL SINCE 99. I THINK LAST YEAR WAS A FLUKE.

WE NEED EVERYTHING ON DEFENSE AND A QUARTERBACK THAT WON’T CHOCK ON OFENSE.

4. BArdnell

September 15, 2008 at 7:24 pm

DA hasnt played well in the last three games to end the year and sucked in the pro bowl and last night is was wandering around like he never ran a two minute offense before. I’m afraid the offense has decided on Brady and they are playing emotionaless with DA in there, drop passes, no intensity, no confidence.

5. BArdnell

September 15, 2008 at 7:27 pm

Continued…. dont know if Brady is an NFL QB but…its worth the try. Put Crennel with Tressel and you will have two coaches that dont know how to coach in a big game, and both choose the wrong QB.

6. BoDawg

September 15, 2008 at 10:41 pm

I disagree, the problem is not DA. Don’t get me wrong I want to see what Quinn can do just as much as everyone else. The true problem is in the coaching. Why isn’t anyone talking about Romeo? The Browns have a lot a talent and zero heart and I blame that on the coach. I mean come on Romeo, show me a little emotion. Get in a ref’s face, grab Edwards by the facemask, or even a fist pump. Show me something. The gameplans have been horrible. Don’t even get me started on deciding to kick a field goal on fourth down and 7 rather than go for it. Down by 7 points with four minutes left? What were you thinking? If we don’t start seeing something soon out of Romeo we will be lucky to get 5 wins this year.