Despite a season gone wrong, Kellen Winslow says he wants to be back with the Brownies next season. Winslow will probably best remember this season for the issues he had with Phil Savage and the front office. Even with that though, he wants to come back according to Tom Withers at the AP.
Here is the rest of Withers article posted at Yahoo Sports Today:
Winslow will miss Monday night’s game in Philadelphia with a badly sprained left ankle, and the oft-injured tight end isn’t sure if he’ll return to the field this season. Earlier this season, he was briefly suspended by the Browns for making disparaging remarks about the organization following his hospitalization with a staph infection, but Winslow hopes to remain with the club.
Winslow missed two games with the staph infection and has just 43 catches after making 82 as a Pro Bowler last season.
I still think that if Savage (provided he’s here) can get a third or better for Winslow this offseason, he and the team should very much think about it. Why then did they draft Martin Rucker? And don’t forget Steve Heiden (3rd on the team with 23 catches) is still a guy who can make some plays as well.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on