Now former head coach Romeo Crennel has spoken for the first time since being told earlier today that he was done as head coach of the Browns.
“I would like to thank Randy Lerner for giving me the opportunity to coach the Cleveland Browns,” said Crennel. “Some progress was made in my four years here, but not enough to go forward in this position.”
Crennel, who signed a contract extension through the 2011 season after a 10-6 campaign in 2007, finished his four-year tenure with a 24-40 record.
“The support from the community and the fans has been greatly appreciated,” said Crennel. “Though this past year has been tough, my experience in Cleveland has been a good one. I did not win enough games so I must move on. Thank you for the opportunity.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on