The good folks at the Brown and Orange report just passed on the following to us about yet another candidate for the Browns coaching spot:
The Orange and Brown Report’s John Taylor has learned this afternoon that the Cleveland Browns have asked for and received permission to interview Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels for their vacant head-coaching position. There is no word yet when the interview will take place.
The Browns pursuit of McDaniels is not a surprise, as he has often been mentioned alongside front office possibility Scott Pioli as a potential target for the Browns head coaching job. Cleveland also has interviews scheduled with ex-Jets head coach Eric Mangini, Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz.
Thos interviews are expected to take place between today and Saturday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on
- Browns Dump Four Players Including CB Carrie, TE Harris on