WR Stallworth Involved in Accident Which Kills Pedestrian in Miami

Stallworth Pedestrian Killed Football
In the strange news story of the day, Browns WR Donte’ Stallworth hit and killed a man early this morning with his Bentley while the man was walking down in Miami, Florida. The accident took place on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach in a stretch known as Fisher Island.

“We understand the seriousness of this situation, but will not have any further comment at this time as this is an ongoing investigation,” the Browns said in a statement earlier today.

The 28-year-old Stallworth, who came to Cleveland last year as a free agent, has spoken to police about the accident, and as of this time no files have been charged against him. The man killed was 59-year-old Mario Reyes. The account says that the accident took place around 7am.

Miami-Dade County property records show Stallworth owns two condos in a building on Biscayne Boulevard in Miami not far from the causeway and another condo in a different building in Miami.

Stallworth signed a whopping seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns last season as a free agent, but was basically a waste due to injury, and had just 17 catches for 170 yards. He was due a $4.75 million signing bonus Friday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Browns Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

Leave a Reply