How close were the Browns to actually landing now Bears QB Jay Cutler? The Plain Dealer reports that the Browns were in, but Cutler was not. The paper reports that the Browns had a deal on the table for the Pro Bowl QB that would have been a three-way deal that would have moved Brady Quinn.
The report also says that the Redskins were involved. Before it could really get going though, Cutler told his agent – Bus Cook, that he didn’t want to play for new Browns coach Eric Mangini. The dislike for Mangini comes from a reported tense relationship that Mangini had last season with then Jets QB Brett Favre.
Mind you Cook also represented Favre, so he likely would have had intimate knowledge of how the relationship between Favre and Mangini really was.
So now, it appears that Derek Anderson and Quinn are here to stay, and if the report is true, Mangini has cost the team a chance to land a Pro Bowl QB.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on