Could This Be the Last Go Around with Randy Lerner?

lernerdm2001_468x1010
Randy Lerner’s time as the Cleveland Browns owner hasn’t been pretty by any means. In fact it has been really disgusting how the best fans in football have been given garbage, and myself just like all the other Browns fans are sick of it.

But, I do believe that maybe Eric Mangini can do it right and this all can end with having a parade in downtown Cleveland. I think to myself – does Lerner realize that the Cavaliers are having the best season in Cleveland since the 95 Indians and more time is spent on people talking about this football team?

Do you know why? Because this city cares deeply about this football team. The Browns as a unit are family to many people. As a Browns fan I think it is time for Randy Lerner to do some soul searching because if it doesn’t work this time he should look in the mirror if he hasn’t already and see where the problem is.

Cleveland Brown Nation needs something to bark at. Lerner’s first obstacle comes in the draft. We need to hit not only on the 5th pick but also the two other picks in the second round and the rest of the picks on the second day. It is easier said then done as we know.

Braylon Edwards I feel, is going to be gone by the time draft day comes and that could mean Michael Crabtree could be on his way to Cleveland, with the Browns getting another high draft pick, hopefully in the first round to get a defensive player early in the draft.

Why not trade one of the two Quarterbacks to get more draft picks and start laying down a new foundation to this team? It’s going to be a distraction having this quarterback competition in Berea, and I think both quarterbacks need a lot of work to be successful and not caring who the Browns decide on, just get rid of the other guy to make the quarterbacks life a little more easier.

I end it with this: Mr. Lerner if it doesn’t work this time will you please throw in towel and sell the team?! We deserve better and it will get better eventually. Go Browns and Destination SuperBowl!!!!

6 Responses to “Could This Be the Last Go Around with Randy Lerner?”

1. Logan says:

I agree in principle…..I really think its hard to find a good owner in this league, I owuld nto want Jerry Jone or Al Davis as owner because they get WAY to involed with thing, but owuld u prefer that over an owner that lets Butch Davis go on “gut feelings”. My theroy is this……the NFL is a big business and they really try selling the storyline crap to fans to make money, we as browns fans know about this when we were stripped of our team in 1995. They are a bunch of money grubbing basterds and they jury is still out on Lerner, does he truely want a winning team? I do not know this, If you do the math he still sells out pretty much 8 games and year and just do the math on the average cost of a seat and multiply that by the number of seats, plus food/beer/parking/Number 10 Jerseys, that fool makes BILLIONS per game. He may just be happy with the money he is making when they go 4-12 we still by anything Orange and brown….money talks maybe we should boycott our beloved browns if they put garbage like Derrek Anderson, Charlie Frye, or Terry Cousins on the field. Season ticket holders spend 1,000s+ of their hard earned blue color money why give that much to this crap? Maybe we are to blame…we have put extreme pressure and gotten into players heads (Time “Ouch” and recently DA getting booed when he hurt his MCL.)….this is just a theory BTW…..
    He did not hesistate to fire Romeo’s fat ass or Savage and is paying them millions to do nothing for the team for the next 4 years so that does say something about him…..either he has so much money that millions doesn’t amount to shit to him and its just pocket change or he wanted to get somebody in who can win. I just do not know its not Lerners fault that Romeo started DA or that Stallworth got shit faced and ran over a Cuban. He is obvious that he doesn’t know anything about football, but neither do owners of other competitive teams. We just may be snake bitten………

2. Clayton says:

I often agree with the posts on this website, but I disagree with the majority of this one. How is it Randy Lerner’s fault? Our player payroll in the last few years has been relatively high compared to the league average. Lerner could not have predicted the debacle of last season with Anderson and Edwards. His hiring of Savage was at first applauded by many until Phil showed that he was rather psychotic. His hiring of Crennel came at a time when we needed a defensive-minded coach with NFL experience – Crennel seemed to fit the bill although he turned out to be much too soft and much too ignorant of the offensive side of things. Lerner fired both of them without much hesitation. He hired Mangini, albeit hastily. He agreed to spend big money on new training facility digs. Randy’s problem is that he is media shy (possibily an actual shut-in, I don’t know), which gets him into trouble with the media which in turn fuels some fans. I frankly don’t care if he ever does a camera interview, ever. I just want him to spend money and hire right to win football games. He has not performed the best in the league at either of those two things, but he is certainly not the worst either.

3. Charlie says:

You know I believe its healthy to have competition at the quarterback position. Every other position has competition and it makes all players the better for it. Besides, most teams would never try to go the whole season without a good solid backup. I believe Anderson’s good… but better as a backup. I also believe if we give Quinn a chance… he could be great! He could be another Joe Montana.

Go Browns!!!

I’m of the thought that we’d be much better off realizing that while Randy isn’t a football mind, he is sincere about trying to d this right. I think we’d be better off getting behind him; that includes past alumni like Bernie. Wherre are you man. Even if you don’t stay on permenently, at least sign on to right the ship. Please seriously consider the possible ramifications if we encourage someone who is trying to do the right thing and has the money to do it to change/sell the franchise. It really is not his fault. While it may take a while and some cooperation from ALL, including the MEDIA; after all, aren’t we all from this city? isn’t this all our town and our Browns???

5. Logan says:

It is our town however…………a mob is dumb…..mob mentality is like riot mentality kind of like bottlegate…..Cleveland fans are loyal as puppies but they do some ignorant when they get to wits end. Bernie Kosar was an awesome QB however I would not want him calling any shots in Berea, do you listen to the play by play in preseason……..he is shitfaced everytime and is worse than John Madden. Let him run the AFL…..I think there needs to be change in Cleveland but it might have to come on the form of tuff love b/c if he continue to buy a shitty product from Randy lerner and he gets his precious $$$ why would he truely do anything to make us a winner. If no fans showed up for just one game he would be bent over finicially like the rest of the working class people and he would get a real measage. He would either sell the team or figure it out or he would sit in his office Howard Hughes style and pissin mason jars until they hired Shaun rodgers to bust in there and get him out.

6. soonerfan61 says:

PLEEEEASE sell this team with the delusional fans and sorry history and concentrate on the
    Villa!!