Braylon Could of Dropped his Last Pass in Cleveland

It is being reported that the Braylon deal to the Giants is pretty much a done deal. The Browns would be getting a 2nd, 5th and the player who hasn’t been agreed upon just yet.

I just hope that Mankok got this right. The Giants have something we don’t have a Super bowl trophy. They obviously see something in Edwards other then him leading the league with 16 drop passes.

Would it be smart for the Browns to hold off until draft day hoping they can bait another team into trying to pursue Edwards? In an ideal world the Eagles would get involved and put some more pressure on the Giants and the Browns will get as much as possible.

The Browns have to get this right with Edwards. I like the idea of the Browns trying to get something for him because at the end of the year Edwards is contract is up and I really don’t think he is going to resign here.

So I ask – if the Browns deal Edwards does that mean with the 5th pick in the draft the Browns will select Michael Crabtree?

9 Responses to “Braylon Could of Dropped his Last Pass in Cleveland”

1. Dan B says:

Everything that I have heard from the major sports networks and their people is thAT the Browns should get at LEAST a first round pic for Edwards. That being said, I am sure Mangina and Kokehead will give him away for nothing just to get rid of him.

That has always been Clevelands problem. They let everyone know how much we want someone or how much we want to get rid of someone so other teams take us to the cleaners.

2. Clayton says:

I have no problem with Dixon or Smith as the Giants player – it has to be a WR. I like the 2nd round pick, but I am disappointed that the Browns cannot get the Giants to move on the 5th rounder – we should have been able to squeeze New York for a third rounder instead. IF the deal goes through before Draft Day, then the Browns can avoid having to take Crabtree as our first pick since we will have a WR for Edwards and can use a later round pick for another WR.

3. John says:

we need to get a first for edwards. but why would you pick crabtree? basically that would be trading a proven reciever for an unproven reciever. a big reciever should be one of the final pieces. unfortunately we need far more than a final piece. defense wins super bowls not recievers

4. chuck says:

This is madness why get rid of a pro bowler hes proven himself and yes its true he had an off season and bought into the hype like the whole organization did and expected a winning season to fall into their lap without putting in the workbut we can not get rid of this mandraft picks hardly ever live up to their hypeand we should be trading our draft picks for more proven players not the other way around wake up people

• Dan B. says:

If we don’t trade him now Chuck, he is gone after next season and we get nothing for him. I guarentee he will not resign in Cleveland. He has already taken his toys back to Detroit (his charities) because we hate him here because he played for mich.

Trade him to the Giants, just make sure we get fair vcalue for him, he thinks we are hard on him for dropping passes, wait till NY dumps on him, he’ll be crying by week two.

5. Aaron (Big Blue Fan) says:

The giants wont give up Smith, Hixon yes.. But not Smith

I don’t really see with them playing their cards so close to the vest you can say they are letting everyone know how bad they want someone and/or giving them away. If we did get a first we wouldn’t get anything else. and aren’t we all talking about getting out of the fifth and into the later picks?
    I’m not so sure we can’t get the Giants to move on the fifth rounder, as it is still not done and there is time. I don’t know Dixon or the other guy; if they’re toough go-to guys, give them BE straight up.
    What in the world do you see in BE that causes you to call him a proven receiver. I beg to differ. If anything he’s a proven head case IMHO.
    Who knows how good these guys are gonna be, but I amazed at all the name calling and childish emotions without even seeing what they can do.

7. Logan says:

Dont take crabtree, TO went in the 3rd round we dont have to pay top dollar for a big guy, crabtree is no Braylon either. I like the idea of a trade but like i ask the plain dealer….were did you here this story from…? We need some creditbility there are to many BS stories fly around the media about all the teams, I believe “mankok” has people in Berea leak BS info just to flip the middle finger at the Cleveland media for basicaly crying because he isn’t pro media. The PD is saying a source told them that the browns will either take Crabtree or Sanchez……..Mark Sanchez……thats crap…..they are just trying to twist the fans into hating Mangini b/c Tony Grossi and mary kay cry at night b/c they cannot find snow in the middle of January in Berea….

8. Mike says:

Could HAVE dropped his last pass. It is often shortened to could’ve, which sounds like could of, but it looks really bad when written that way.