Latest Rumor Has Quinn Ready to be Moved

brady-quinn
The rumor mill about the Browns and possible upcoming moves continues to churn, and the latest comes from Mike Lombardi over at the National Football Post, that says that the team will move QB Brady Quinn this week:

A general manger told me that he expects Cleveland to trade Brady Quinn this week but he’s not sure what team he will be heading to. The prevailing feeling in the NFL is that the Browns like Mark Sanchez and have spent considerable time getting to know everything they can about him.

So with that said, I guess the new move would be to trade Quinn and Edwards, grab Sanchez at five, then a WR later on?

13 Responses to “Latest Rumor Has Quinn Ready to be Moved”

1. Clayton says:

Taking Sanchez at number five overall is the stupidest thing we could possibly do. Mike Lombardi is not always reliable in his reporting. I sure hope this is wrong!

• Dan B. says:

Great, another overreach with a draft pick, same old Browns! AT least give Quinn a chance, he at least has time under his belt, Sanchez doesn’t!

smoke. it doesn’t make ANY sense.

3. Tommy says:

Please, let Lombardi be off base. I don’t want to even restate my feelings on the insanity of this, but I’ll suffice it to say that I can’t decide which would be more embarrassing: never giving Quinn after making him our last top-flight QB draft pick, or using the #5 pick to draft Sanchez.

4. Logan says:

No way…….Why do they even put this crap up……..? The Cleveland media has just never delt with a Mangini type regime……..tight liped and doesn’t care what the media thinks….So the rumors are ramped b/c the media is so use to having legit stories so they just believe anything they read online……Mangini won’t take a QB in the first round….they do want draft picks but thats where braylon comes in. Mark sanchez will be a west coast pure QB and not a big armed gun slinger like DA. Why draft another “brady Quinn” like QB….thats retarded…you people that write these stories just need to eat your egos and realize you have no connections with this new regime and just admitt you dont know anything thats going on in Berea maybe after this season you will make friends with some people in the organization and they might trust you enough to talk…..I am fine with not knowing what they are doing in Berea, I can just hope for the best but I am not going to get all frantic and think of stupid ideas like taking a rookie QB in the 1st round….He is like his metor Bill the cheater, would Bill take a QB in the first round (patriots bill not browns bill), I have decided I think they will take Orapkno or possible trade down a few picks b/c i bet he will slide to 10 if we dont take him, so maybe pick up a 4th or 5th pick to move down a bit. If they trade braylon we will get a high 1st round and high 3rd or 4th pick but, it the second pick mayb be a 2010 pick so dont get ur finger crossed. I would take that deal plus a number 3 receiver, we might as well get something for braylon why put the tag on him and pay him 9 million to lead the league in drops next year.

• GeorgiaPete says:

I’m confused. I don’t follow the Browns. What happenned to all the hoopla when the Browns picked Quinn??? They alledgedly got him for a steal on draft day. I know he missed some time due to an injury, but has he already flopped? Have they given him much of a chance? As a previous blogger noted, why trade Quinn so you can draft a rookie “Quinn-like” QB?

5. jakob says:

I think this is a great thing if mangini wants to change the whole franchise let him at ot because the browns cant get any worse

6. Logan says:

Matt L……your wrong why do you even post this crap……..your an idiot

7. Matt Loede says:

Hey Logan,

Just keep drinking the kool-aid that the team keeps handing you. Your the type of uneducated fan that no matter how bad the team is, you’ll just keep buying into their crap year after year, coach after coach, thinking it’s going to get better.

Mike Lombardi has been around for years and is a well respected, and even ran your precious Browns for a couple of years, so if he says it, you can pretty much write it as truth.

If a GM told Lombardi that he thought or thinks that Quinn would be moved, I believe it.

Put on your dog mask and drink out of Mangini’s water bowl – and leave the editing and posting of this site to me.

8. Logan says:

I dont like Mangini myself but you guys in the media distain him b/c he doesn’t throw u guys any info to report on and u have to much pride to just say we don’t know jack.

As for Mike Lombardi, he is garbage. He sucks and you are an idiot for believing him. Next time ask him what GM. Even when the Quinn rumors surfaced I said it was BS. I guess I am just an uneducated fan though right….. Its common sense trading Winslow is a Mangini type move, it makes sense trading Quinn and drafting Sanchez……that only makes sense if your a desparate online journalist thats digging for something to write. Us “uneducated” fans are sick and tired of you and the PD printing unconfirmed crap and trying to pass it as legit….We you the guys that said they had WMDs in Iraq too? The media in this country is Effed up accross the board. They get off on frighting people

9. Matt Loede says:

Mangini was a terrible choice to lead this team – pure and simple. No other team even contacted him about a head coaching spot, but Randy Lerner, who should have sold the team after his father passed, JUMPED on the chance to hire him! What sense did that make?!

As for Mike Lombardi, he’s forgotten more things about the NFL than you and I put together will ever know. He’s not going to put down what GM, that’s not what a reporter does you moron, get a clue.

As for “digging,” it’s been noted for WEEKS that Mangini was not in love with Quinn, and it WOULD make sense that he would eventually make the shift to HIS quarterback, and Quinn and Anderson are not his guys.

Yeah, me and PD, WE’RE the problem with the Browns…give me a break.

10. Logan says:

Then why are you and hte PD always DEAD WRONG. What does randy lerner have to do with Da throwing a pick………..? seriously……who else better could he have hired thats better? Your just a cry baby and mad b/c you have no stories matt.

Your mention big mike as your souce but he was DEAD wrong about this one……..your an idiot.

“as for digging” i never said Mangini was in love with Quinn I just said he was not dumb enough to trade him unless somebody traded there draft like Dika did for Ricky Williams….He is not gong to pick DA over Quinn, DA sucks. sanchez is a rookie come one they are taking a defensive player or a Offensive lineman…….. Matt your a retard and your fishing for stories…..we the “uneducated” fans that pay you are not that dumb we see your (and Tony Grossi’s) BS stories tha your writting to fill spaces inbetween your adds that you have to sell we all arent pawns…..

11. Logan says:

“As for Mike Lombardi, he’s forgotten more things about the NFL than you and I put together will ever know. He’s not going to put down what GM, that’s not what a reporter does ou moron, get a clue”

They why would you write a story bases on him if he has “…[..]..forgotten more things about the NFL together..” your a glorrified blogger……..you aren’t crapp matt…your not a journalist b/c you have no sources to your crap stores you here over some drunk guys story on w.6th after a cavs game while you watch your g/f mack on me…….