Connect with us

NFL Draft

QB Sanchez Says He’d Be Happy to Come to Cleveland

mark-sanchez
There’s been plenty of talk about the Browns taking Michael Crabtree or Mark Sanchez Saturday, to the point where Channel 19 – WOIO, says that the team is set on taking one of those two players. Sanchez talked to Jim Rome Monday, and says he’d be fine if the Browns took him.

“If it’s the Browns, great, I’ll be out there in the next couple days for minicamp,” Sanchez said of the days after the draft. “They’ve showed some interest, just like the other teams. It’s all a poker game and they don’t want to be too nice and don’t want to tell you too much. They always say, ‘Hey, if you have any questions for us, go ahead and shoot it’ and you ask them a question and they kind of dance around it.”

The team has been sending out plenty of feelers about Sanchez, and while it would be interesting to see the futures of Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn if it happened, it would be even more interesting to see if a deal is done Draft day to move one of the two current Browns QB’s.

6 Comments

6 Comments

1. ButchGavlen

April 22, 2009 at 8:44 am

I finally understand; somebody is actually inhaling all the smoke over there in Berea. Must be gooood zhit.
    I’m with former Pres. Clinton; I never inhaled.

2. Raheel Ramzanali

April 22, 2009 at 10:36 am

Hey Matt,

I am producing a draft show in Houston for 1560 The Game and wanted to see if you could join me for two minutes to talk about the Browns. Please let me know if you have some time today. Thanks!

3. Clayton

April 22, 2009 at 10:36 am

Well we are all thrilled to hear that Sanchez would be content to be in Cleveland. The only problem is that none of us would be content to have him, certainly not if the way to get him is to draft him as the fifth overall pick.

And since when do we expect a college player to say something different when asked how he would feel to be in “X”? I will be at the Stadium on Saturday. If I hear “Mark…” or “Michael…” then I’m heading to the bar to drown my sorrows.

4. John

April 22, 2009 at 11:17 am

I think this is BS. if currys gone by 5, which he he will be, theres no one worth top 5 money who the browns need. Theyre probably trying to create intrest so they can trade down to the middle of the draft and get someone like malaluga

5. Logan

April 23, 2009 at 5:08 am

I agree with John and that makes me think that maybe they are committed to Quinn they just started all this trade rumor crap to get ppl scared that the player they want won’t fall to them so they need to trade up to get them, eric mangini truely doesn’t care what the cleveland media thinks i love it

6. bill

April 27, 2009 at 2:08 pm

what a complete bust for the browns this draft was as if it diden’t take place yet what in the world was going through their minds to pass on crabtree then left ien johnson at bosie state sitout not even a consideration well I can see this coach and the whole clevelland org is a complete waste of my time ………