The latest twist in the Donte’ Stallworth saga is that the now jailed and suspended wide out feels he was not drunk in the morning hours of when he hit and killed a 59-year-old Miami man back in March. Stallworth told police he drank up to four shots of premium tequila while partying with friends at a Miami Beach club.
Stallworth went on to tell police that he met up with fellow Browns WR Braylon Edwards and some others at a hotel after 2 a.m. back on March 14th. Stallworth said in the recorded interview that he drank some tequila from Edwards’ table and later bought some shots himself. “Three, four at the most,” Stallworth said. “I wasn’t really counting.”
Lab tests later showed Stallworth had a blood-alcohol level of .126, above Florida’s .08 limit. He plead guilty to DUI manslaughter, and has also been suspended by the NFL indefinitely.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on