The Browns today were awarded wide receiver Paul Raymond off waivers from the Jets, the club announced. In addition, the team waived linebacker Bo Ruud.
Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Jets on May 2, 2008, Raymond spent parts of the 2008 season on the Jets’, Detroit Lions’ and New York Giants’ practice squads. He was signed by the Jets following the season.
A four-year letterman at Brown, Raymond finished his collegiate career sixth all-time in both receiving yards (1,800) and receptions (116). He recorded 978 receiving yards as a senior, and ranked second in the Ivy League and ninth in the nation with 97.8 receiving yards per game. Raymond was named to the All-Ivy League second team as a senior.
Born on May 5, 1986, the 5-10, 185-pound Raymond attended Miami Senior (Miami, FL) High School where he earned all-county team honors in football.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on