Just as quickly as it was learned that former Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Holmgren was interested in the vacant Cleveland Browns’ general manager position, now there’s a report from Mike Florio over at Pro Football Talk that former Houston Texans GM Charlie Casserly is interested in the vacancy.
It could be that Casserly’s interest allows the Browns to increase the number of potential candidates so as to not move all the attention on Holmgren. Personally, I find it comical that the Browns would even express even an ounce of interest in Casserly.
This is the same guy who managed to find a way to mess up the Houston Texans by his actions up in their front office. Which is exactly why he needs to remain in the studios of NFL Network, because that’s where he does his best work – which is a contradiction in terms, actually. If Randy Lerner (the Browns’ owner) wants to be taken seriously, he would wise to cross off Casserly from consideration for the GM post.
But regardless of who eventually takes over, he may want to assess head coach Eric Mangini’s situation.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on