· The Browns’ 24 first quarter points set a team record for points in the opening quarter, passing the 21 scored in the first frame at Dallas on December 3, 1961. It was the most points scored in any quarter by Cleveland since a 28-point output at Indianapolis on December 1, 1991 in the second quarter.
· The Browns totaled season-bests with 439 net yards, 308 net passing yards and tied a season-high with 22 first downs. The Browns also did not commit a turnover for the first time since a 29-27 victory at Buffalo on November 17, 2008.
· Kicker Phil Dawson converted on a 44-yard field goal during the game’s opening drive to take sole possession of second place on the Browns’ all-time field goal list. He added a 29-yard field goal to bring his career total to 218. Dawson passed Dan Cockroft (216) and trails Lou Groza (234) for the team record.
· Quarterback Brady Quinn set career-highs with 304 passing yards and four touchdowns. His previous bests were 239 passing yards and two touchdowns, set against Denver on November 6, 2008. Quinn completed a career-long pass of 59 yards to wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi in the first quarter. His previous high was 42 yards to wide receiver Braylon Edwards against Houston on November 23, 2008. Quinn’s three first quarter touchdown passes were the most in a single quarter for Cleveland since Derek Anderson threw three against Cincinnati on September 16, 2007.
· Rookie wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi registered his second career 100-yard receiving performance, totaling 115 yards. His 59-yard touchdown reception, the first of his career, is the longest Browns play this season.
· Cleveland’s defense recorded a safety after quarterback Matthew Stafford was called for intention grounding in the end zone. The last time the Browns registered a safety was on December 16, 2007, when Bills punter Brian Mooreman kicked the ball out of the end zone.
· Running back Jamal Lewis converted a two-point conversion on a direct snap rush up the middle during the fourth quarter. It was the Browns’ first successful two-point conversion since Anderson found Edwards at Washington on October 19, 2008.
· Dawson attempted his first career pass on a fake field goal, which was completed to wide receiver Mike Furrey for 10 yards. The last Browns kicker to complete a pass was Cockroft on December 14, 1975.
· Wide receiver Chansi Stuckey hauled in a career-long 40 yard touchdown pass in the first quarter. It was his first touchdown as a member of the Browns and fifth of his career. He has two receiving touchdowns this season, scoring on a 30-yard reception at Houston on September 13, as a member of the N.Y. Jets.
· Defensive back Brodney Pool set a career-high with his team-leading fourth interception on the season. He has 11 career interceptions and has two in the last three contests.
· Defensive back Eric Wright recorded his second interception of the season in the first quarter. It was the sixth interception of his career.
· Wide receiver Joshua Cribbs scored his second career receiving touchdown on a four-yard grab. Cribbs’ other receiving touchdown was a one-yard score at Washington on October 18, 2008. He also hauled in a career-long reception of 35 yards, surpassing his previous best of 23 yards, set earlier this season at Chicago on November 1.
· With 57 return yards today, Cribbs passed Tamarick Vanover for 16th on the NFL career total return yards list. Cribbs has racked up 1,005 punt return and 6,484 kickoff return yards for a total of 7,489 career return yards.
· Linebacker David Bowens recorded sack number 3.5 on this season. He has 3.0 sacks in the last two games and has 36.0 in his career.
· Tight end Michael Gaines scored his first touchdown as a member of the Browns with a two-yard score. It was Gaines’ sixth career touchdown.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Shrine Game Rosters on
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on