Holmgren Says He Will Take Care of Cribbs

Mike Holmgren has given the word to the organization that Josh Cribbs will get a new deal this offseason. Cribbs said ” I’m sure he is going to start off on the right foot and take care of me.” Josh Cribbs has wanted a new deal for the past two seasons and it looks like Cribbs is finally going to be rewarded for what he has done with the Cleveland Browns. Holmgren possible first move with the Browns looks like it will be a right one.

8 Responses to “Holmgren Says He Will Take Care of Cribbs”

1. This is great news! I’m so glad to hear that Cribbs will get a new contract–he deserves it! This guy has been amazing! Not only that, but he has class too–a good attitude and a real team leader. So glad I got a Cribbs jersey for Christmas this year! I’m proud to wear that one!

2. dale says:

This absolutely needs to be first on Holmgren’s agenda. Cribbs needs to be the highest paid player on that team. The second thing he needs to do is get rid of those damn brown pants they wear on the road!!!

I don’t know about the first thing, but as long as he talks to Cribbs and they have and understanding, and it gets done in the off season, cool. This guy has set an example for all in more ways than one, and he’s undrafted and from KENT. I hope they try him at running back rather than receiver next; if it doesn’t work he can always go back to what it is now. but can you imagine him running and sometimes throwing the ball; heck, he might turn out to be a good QB!!!

• dale says:

Butch,Butch calm down!! I love him too,but a good QB? He needs to be given as many touches as possible at all the skill positions on offense.Because he is from KENT has nothing to do with anything. I knew a guy from Kent who became a meth addict. Just some food for thought!

He’s got this priority straight. My guess is Roth, Moore, Jackson, Rogers, Bowens, Harrison — all will be around next season. So will MoMass and Robiskie (at least for one year under new management — just to see what he really has). Cleveland will be picking around 6 or 7 in the draft — so Eric Berry will most likely be gone, but Taylor Mays should still around. Package and trade is always a decent option for the right players — given up and selected.

Okay, then i could say if he is the highest paid player he SHOULD be QB….
    But honestly, i wouldn’t ordinairly make such a bold statement, but this guy does not get shaken, is smart, fearless, and PLAYED the positiion. Now don’t jump on me saying,
    this is the NFL; i know that. But what’s he lacking that cordell Stewart might have? or who’d the backup at Baltimore from Ohio State again? I’d give him a try at least at that kind of a set.

Not in the right offense is the QB the highest paid. Cleveland could be developing a Trent Dilfer-ish type offense — good game manager with no huge risks. Note: BQ having over 150 passes without an int. Image a true power type back with the likes of Harrison and Davis lurking around. And it looks familiar to me — sort of like Baltimore during their Super Bowl years. Y’know, the team that wore the brown and orange just a few years before all that happened? Combine that with Cribbs as the wildcard type offensive player — and a QB that can at times become a receiver or an extra RB – and we have an added dimension that needs a truly unique offensive mind to run it – a la, I’d like to Infante, but he had far better receivers and QBs to work with — don’t know. So, what do we do with the draft, then? My instinct has been over the past few weeks and right is defense. Either Eric Berry or Taylor Mays. We can get a quality DT in Round 2. I’m willing to work with these LBs as a core — and that’s something I thought just a few weeks ago that I wouldn’t be saying. We need a pass rusher. Badly.

And, looking at it, the Steelers of forever, with two RBs that can kill you with their unique styles and an offensive line that can and likes to block for all of them. Ok. I’m done, now. Sorry.