Troy Smith wants to play for the Browns

Earlier this month I posted an article about Troy Smith coming to Cleveland and getting an opportunity at becoming the Starting Quarterback here. This week Smith was on a local radio show saying that he would love to come back here and play for the Browns.

“There is no doubt about it,” Smith said regarding his desire to play for the Browns. “It has always been a childhood dream of mine. It’s funny how we always talk about Cleveland. That’s the first thing that comes to mind with anything I do whether I get a chance to come home and be a part of that organization or not. You know, I would love to get that chance if that opportunity comes up, but the political and right thing to say in this situation is that I would love to be anywhere that would give me a chance. But, without a doubt, there would be no second guessing in my mind if I could come back home and be a part of something that I love.”

Could the Browns be sending Quinn out the door for Smith????

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

7 Responses to “Troy Smith wants to play for the Browns”

1. Jeremy says:

I think Troy would be an excellent fit for the bills as well. If you can avoid drafting a QB with the first pick a team is always atleast two years ahead of the curve, for example the saints with drew brees, though Reggie was a waste as well they should have traded that pick and drafted jones drew.

2. dale says:

For the last time,this guy is NOT a NFL caliber QB!I love the Buckeyes too,but I think like a realist. You (RETARD RANDY) and all the others need to lose the Ohio State hardon and give it a rest!I doubt he could beat out Ratliff for 3rd string!

• Jeremy says:

Why isn’t he an NFL calibur QB. If mcnab can become one so can he. His arm is amazing, he’s been on the bench for 2 years he is short but all he’s asking for is a chance the browns offense can’t possibly get any worse. Do you guys know how embarrasing your team was you guys need all the help in the world.

McNabb?? Comparing this guy to McNabb??? Look, McNabb is not the answer, and this guy can’t even carry his J; please, give it a rest already. Troy Smith is not coming here. BQ is waaaayy more of a potential qb and WE HAVE HIM.

Troy Smith is not coming to Cleveland. IMO, Any QB that makes it here is either: 1) holding the reins until the franchise guy is acquired (read: veteran QB), or 2) drafted to be the franchise guy.

Thinking more about this, the only way I could see him coming here is as a situation player/backup qb. Like I could see him in the backfield when Cribbs is in the backfield. That would save your qb from petty injuries. like BQ got on that bootleg. And give you some depth at qb.