Why so much love for Quinn?

I always have been intrigued with all the love for Browns Quarterback Brady Quinn. I will be the first to admit when we drafted Quinn, I was excited and thought that he was going to be the answer for our Cleveland Browns. What has Quinn showed on the field? In my opinion nothing, he hasn’t been able to finish both seasons that he played in and also when he did play he made plenty of mistakes. I know he needed time to develop but he sat behind Anderson for a year and then in his second season had decent games against the Broncos and Bills, but after that Quinn didn’t show much of anything. Last season it was horrible sight when he was on the field before Mangini yanked him for Anderson. I will give Quinn some credit saying he did show a little improvement before he was injured in the Chiefs game. The one thing Quinn did do that I love is that he beat the Steelers even though he didn’t put up any numbers in that  game. He didn’t make any mistakes and the Browns don’t have a Defense to make a run at anything with a mediocre Quarterback. I have no idea what the Browns are going to do at the position but I don’t have much faith in Quinn anymore. I hope they make a move for somebody in the off season. The Browns can’t stay pat at this position and think they have a shot at the postseason next year. I just don’t understand why everyone thinks Quinn is going to be the man here. I hope he does turn into a good Quarterback but I am not seeing it happen here in Cleveland. Sorry Quinn fans but I think the best thing for the Browns is to ship him out of here for a late draft pick. Go Browns and Destination Super Bowl!!!!!

7 Responses to “Why so much love for Quinn?”

Well, he hasn’t had the tools around him that a Mark Sanchez or Joe Flacco did. And, Mangini’s mishandling of the QB situation early couldn’t help. either. IN the end, what any of us believes is irrelevant. The man in charge makes this call — and he has far more Super Bowl rings than I do or anyone else on these boards. ALl that being said, I have my doubts about BQ, as well. But, this team has shown that it can win with him as its QB — for now. Next year is not a Super Bowl year for the Browns. So, burn this draft on position players, draft a QB in the mid-rounds, and let the talent meisters do their jobs.

2. ram says:

Ican understand the frustration regarding BQ but he has played under 3 different offensive corordinators, poor line and no menterioring from a true statring QB. Realize DA Had a easier schedule good receivers and some luck and started 13 or so game. Knowing he was the starter.I think if a good QB coach And offensive co ordinator and some protection BQ can be a good. QB.I think it depends on how you build the offensive around him You have to use your players strengths and have the staff to do this I think Managni brought discipline and brought players to Cleveland,look who he won with at the end of the season.we finally have the management we never had let’s see what they can do.

3. Jeremy says:

Troy smith browns QB next season, all he does is win. If tebow gets a shot Troy will.

4. ram says:

Troy Smith, is a system player,he may be a winner,but when you have the TOP recurits in OHIO what would you expect and if he was that good why did Ravens Drift Flacco

5. Cobra says:

I believe Browns fans simply WANT Brady to succeed. First and foremost because he was a 1st round draft pick so those expectations are high. Has he had the tools, personnel, and coach’s loyalty to be the guy? Undecided.

Second, on a more sentimental level, fans would love to see him succeed because he’s an Ohio native (raised just outside Columbus) and a life-long Browns fans. He’s living childhood dream of being drafted, in the first round no less, by his favorite team he’s had his whole life. Find me one fan who hasn’t dreamed of this. So, we’d like to see him succeed rather than fall on his face.

On the other hand, it’s MY childhood dream to finally see the Browns win a Super Bowl so if Brady can’t get it done find me someone who’s not over-the-hill who can.

That’s really funny, cuz my question would be just the opposite; why so much distain for him?
    I have seen on boards in general people make fun of the fact that he’s a good looking kid, he’s smart, he does positive things in the community. Yet it comes from an element in the society that is just bitter about life in general and really can’t find all that much to criticize him about with football for various reasons, mostly thelack of playing time and help. Personally I see the possibility of a pretty good qb given the chance and confidence and players around him. But that’s just one guys perspective. Seems to me the harsher the name calling, the more the frustration with the fans….or so called fans.

7. Darrell says:

DON’T GIVE UP ON BRADY JUST YET (DREW BREES AND BRETT FAVRE HAD TEAMS THINKING VERY SOON THAT THESE 2 GUYS WE NOT THE ANSWER EITHER)!!!

HE IS SMART AND TALENTED TO LEAD A TEAM TO IT’S DESTINY.(PATIENCE– AND GET HIM PLAYMAKERS)

🙂