Poll: Should the Browns trade Brady Quinn?

6 Responses to “Poll: Should the Browns trade Brady Quinn?”

1. becki says:

Why won’t someone give this guy a chance?
    Peyton only won three games his first year but he was given the chance.With no offensive line
    last year neither quarterback did very well.I say
    let Brady play and learn.

2. Juston says:

The guys got alot of heart and dedication for this team but he’s just not that good. I have seen him numerous times in training camp and he’s not a starting QB. If he would have shown any kind of promise at all in any of his starts I would say yes but there was nothing there.

I’m conflicted on this one. But, I liked DA, too. I wanted him to succeed. Brady hurt himself immensely with that stupid hold-out. It allowed Frye to start and DA to come in when Frye crashed. He was a No. 22 pick — and was free-falling at the time. His own decisions have largely kept him off the field — and Mangini’s mishandling of the QB situation last year only piled on with more bad decision-making. It might be better for BQ to move on at this point, where he can resurrect whatever confidence he has left under a new scenario. I just don’t know. I’d sure like to see someone succeed here.

On seeing this guy in camp or on the field, i totally disagree. I nothing but promise in this guy. Set aside the rude and immature names/labels that do not fit, like noodle are; it’s just not true, and largely started by emotionally young non-thinkers who don’t really know what they’re talking about. His arm is fine. His skills reading defense and the ole, command in the huddle, really are very good for the help he’s had. The problem is in the changing schemes and leadership. that coupled with not getting any type of mentor at all, shows and seems to be his lack, when it’s a lack of training. Many of the dropped and missed passes are the result of his recievers not knowing what to do in certain situations; which way to cut away from an oncoming defender or back. I think Holmy knows this and can see this and this is why i think it’s a smoke screen and they’re planning on playing him, with help from the new backup and even coaching from him. I might be wrong, but i feel it would only be about the part of Holmy’s plans. I realilze he could see it differently, hence it would play out totally different, but I don’t think so.
    The things about DA that didn’t work were things that usually are not fixable; not so with BQ.

5. Juston says:

I really can’t understand why so many Browns fans are hung up on this kid. He hasn’t even shown a sliver of hope. Don’t you think if he had any potential whatsoever other teams would be interested? I don’t think Mangini mishandeled the QB situation I just don’t think he had anywhere to go. DA was never right after the concussion and BQ in my mind has never shown any potential and he has had his chance.

6. Janet says:

Butch: How do you like “Holmy” now? I had a bad feeling from the beginning and bringing in DelHomme and getting rid of Quinn totally contradicts what he said when he got to Cleveland. He said build the team around the qb, the qb is the most important factor. So…he brings in someone that is 35 whose record looks pretty much like DA’s. I am PISSED!!!!!!