McCoy to Vist Browns April 12-13

is

Texas Longhorns Quarterback Colt McCoy is scheduled to visit Cleveland April 12 and 13. The Browns are in need of a young Quarterback and McCoy could be there in the third round.  “I’d have to have another second-round pick [to take a quarterback in the second round,” Holmgren said. McCoy is projected to be taken in the second round and with the Browns only having one second round pick probably won’t draft a Quarterback until the third round, having three picks in that round.

6 Responses to “McCoy to Vist Browns April 12-13”

1. Jeremy says:

I totally agree with you on this one. Colt McCoy is a solid quarterback and may very well produce in the NFL. However, I do not believe that the Browns will trade up to get a quarterback at all in this years draft. We signed to “bridge” quarterbacks this off-season and have many weaknesses on both sides of the ball. We will be better off taking a quarterback in the third round and using our early picks with additions to our secondary or defensive front seven.

I don’t see this happening. Too many question marks with McCoy and there are others from mid-majors that have far more potential.

3. Jant says:

I think this guy (Holmgren) is a looney tune. Colt McCoy? He doesn’t even look like a Brown. I am still mad about Quinn and probably will not get over it. I am still mad about Victor Martinez!

4. Jeremy says:

This is off topic but i found this on YouTube … it is a highlight reel of Jerome Harrison … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KNzuaXe5R4

yes, well get used to it. it is what major sports has become today; services to the highest bidder. for as long as i can remember we have been a farming grounds for the rest of the league.

This guy has been getting a lot attention and media the last couple days. I could like his stock; I just wonder abouot his durability. don’t know why, but he ‘looks’ too fragile for taking the hits in our division. I mean i think about Bernie and Montana and such, and I realize you can’t measure heart by looks, but still.