Wide Receiver Position….

The Cleveland Browns are less then two weeks away from the NFL Draft and are in dire need of a Wide Receiver. In Holmgrens teleconference with season ticket holders he said, the Browns are not going to pursue a a veteran Wide Receiver. I don’t know how you feel about that but the Browns need help at that position more so then any other. The Browns beefed up the linebacker position with 10 linebackers on the Roster and are very deep at that position. The Offensive Line is also Beefed up and also getting depth at that position. The RunningBack Position can work out next year for the Browns and am fine with not adding anyone at that position. I am putting a lot of stock in Harrison,Jennings,Hollis, and Davis but think it can really work out. Back to the Receiver position I am very nervous about this position and feel it is vital for the Browns to add a play maker. Is Dez Bryant the answer? If the Browns did to decide to draft this guy, wouldn’t it almost be better to trade that seventh pick and go after Brandon Marhsall? I know it probably isn’t going to happen but if they did to decide to go in that direction I would much rather have Marshall then Bryant. Either way Go Browns!!! Destination Super Bowl!!!!

10 Responses to “Wide Receiver Position….”

1. browns says:

agree, would much rather have marshall a proven star in the league than a unproven, already troublesome draftee.

Nada. Too many high pick busts at the WR receiver position. Second, third round is where you can find these guys. Also, the biggest jump in performance is between years 1 and 2 in any professional player’s career, so I would not be bailing out on MoMass and Roby just yet. After this year, we’ll ave a much better read on what these guys are really all about. With the addition of Watson and if . . . just if . . . Delhomme actually shows up this year, there will be a QB capable of locating and delivering the ball to the receivers, too. They’ll get a receiver . . . maybe 2, and another QB. This team, at this point,should be built on the lines first, then the QB, next the DBs.

3. Chris says:

No way would I bring Brandon Marshall in here. That attitude plus our place on the food chain = Braylon Edwards Act 2.

And I don’t know we have to pray Delhomme pans out at QB. With the way Holmgren’s built up QB’s over the years, Seneca Wallace could be the answer under center. He made Young and Favre into Hall of Famers. He’s made Matt Hasselbeck a solid veteran who’s just now getting replaced. I’m sure he wouldn’t have brought Seneca over if he weren’t see as a piece of the puzzle somehow. Let’s not fall into the trap of overlooking Wallace just because he isn’t a splashy answer like a rookie or a resurgent Delhomme would be. Dude comes in having done more than prior Holmgren QB wunderkinds have after all.

4. Jeremy says:

I feel as if the author of this article was talking about the talent to risk ratio. Bryant has been in reports of lazy, forgetful, and cocky. With that being said you already know that is what you would get with Brandon Marshall but he is a proven wide receiver as far as the NFL is concerned.

Seneca Wallace was brought in for a backup quarterback and special packages player. That is his piece of the puzzle. With all of the “Big Time” quarterbacks mentioned in your comment, Wallace will not be associated with them as Holgrens Legacy Quarterbacks. He is however, a backup quarterback that will be there if (and only if) Jake Delhomme gets hurt. Do not look for the flip flopping that has hurt us in the past and in my opinion ruined top talents.

5. dale says:

The fact that Robiskie has been such a bust thus far ( sorry to all the buckeye apologists ) makes WR a very high priority. Hopefully he is working hard this offseason to make my first impression a rush to judgement. Mossaqui is a #2WR at best and there is no need to mention anybody else.

Personally, I dont see any of the last drafts picks as a bust….yet. They are almost all expected to play and show up this year, as per their draft and their training. I don’t know that they ‘are’; but i don’t know that they won’t. I do know they were expected to learn last year and play this year in most cases but for Mack. And Offense is not Mangini’s strength. That’s just the way I see it. Hope i’m seeing it right!

• dale says:

They had three 2nd rnd pks last year and so far only one ( Mossaqui ) has contributed. Veikune and Robiskie were virtually invisible most of the season. Second rndrs need to be significant contributors by at least midseason or they are questionable picks.

While I agree that second round picks should be contributing, last season was not a fair assessment of any position on offense due to the quality (lack thereof) of the QB play. Robiskie was disappointing, to be sure, in that he did not light up the field. But, this is year 2, so let’s wait and see what happens with a different talent set and mindset around. I am not willing to abandon either WR at this juncture.

• dale says:

7. dale says:

Sorry,I am so hyped for the draft I clicked twice. Say no to meth!!