Would you welcome Ted Ginn Jr. Back home?

ted ginn

I was reading Bengalsgab this evening and had seen that they think the Bungals could get Teddy Ginn for a fifth round pick. As a Browns fan would you be interested in bringing Ginn to Cleveland for a fifth round pick. Would Ginn be a good fit here in Cleveland? With the Browns needing help at the Wide Receiver position, and Ginn being a Cleveland native it could be a match made in heaven. Ginn only had 38 receptions last season for 454 yards and one touchdown. Ginn could add a deep threat to the Browns offense and also put him back with Cribbs on Kickoffs adding another weapon.

8 Responses to “Would you welcome Ted Ginn Jr. Back home?”

1. Michael Ball says:

Only if he could be more of a receiver than Cribbs.

Ginn and Robiskie on the same pro team? Then what, trade for Troy Smith? For a fifth round pick, though, it would seem like a low-risk proposition.

3. Kory says:

When I saw the fins got Marshall that was the first thing I thought, get Ginn here as our deep treat!

4. Chris says:

What Brother Ball said. If Ginn can be a better receiver than Cribbs and it gets Cribbs out of the offensive mix, then by all means let’s do it. Every time I see Cribbs back in the Wildcat, my breath catches in my throat for fear we’re going to get Josh hurt. If Ginn coming in can let us get Cribbs out of the offense and make him strictly our return ace, I’d be sending that fifth rounder to Miami so quick it makes his head spin.

5. dale says:

If he could be had cheap I wouldn’t mind. The only reason I’m sceptical is because practically every player we have obtained from Ohio State in the past 30 years whether it be draft,trade or other has turned out to be garbage. I am a Buckeye fan too,but it seems like all the OSU players who excell in the NFL never play for the Browns.

6. dale says:

I’m sure everyone knows by now that Ginn was “had cheap” ( 5th rounder ) by SF49ers. Everyone needs to lose their “buckeye boner” and move on.

7. John says:

Glad Ginn is off to Cali. Loved watching him run over Michigan players, but he is not an NFL great. Ginn was very raw as a WR at tOSU, and he has not developed any more in the League.

I think he is in the same boat as our present rookie corp. These guys are possible good players, although none are looking to be stars. But remember some guys names slaughter and Brennen (sp) and them; none of them were stars either. what they lack is an experienced qb telling them when to do what until they work together. then they will all shine to a reasonable degree. I thing that’s what Holmy has in mind for bringing in the debatable new guy. (qb)