McCoy speaks about Cleveland….

From Cleveland.com

McCoy speaks  to ESPN

“It was awesome. My heart skipped a beat. I was so thankful to hear from Coach Holmgren.

“He just asked me if it had been a long day. It has been. But I am where I’m supposed to be.

I told him he won’t regret it. We’ll win a lot of games.”

6 Responses to “McCoy speaks about Cleveland….”

1. dale says:

I’m very happy about getting McCoy,but three rounds are now over and we have failed to address WR,DE,OLB. As it stands now,our WR’s are arguably the worst in the league and it really doesn’t matter how much we have upgraded the secondary if our front seven remains the same. Everything I’m reading makes Ward and Hardesty sound like reaches who could have been taken a round later. I hate to sound negative,but I looked forward to this draft for months and find myself slightly disapointed. Am I alone in feeling this way? I’m looking forward to seeing who agrees or disagrees with me.

No. My questions with Ward and Hardety relate to durability issues, not talent or ability to start in the NFL. Everything I read puts Ward as starting safety at the NFL level. Hardesty — in this RB corps — looks like it could be nifty fit. I like what they say about his style and attitude — and blocking ability. The OLG position has been upgraded. We now have Pashos and Lauvuo — not only did they get talent but they addressed a critical position. It is not all going to get done in one draft. This is foundation building. And, there may still be some trades lurking around. No. For once, it feels like this team knows what it wants to do and how it is going to get there. I’m interested again. Let’s see where this takes us before we start being overly critical. This could turn out to be the draft we remember — in good ways — in this era.

Oh — and don’t forget about Haden — remember him? So, starting Cb, starting Safety, potentially very solid QB — under the direction and growth of Mike Holmgren. The RB position looks like it might be kinda cool — an unexpected development.

• dale says:

Deno,you make some good points,but I had very high expectations with this draft. Ward might very well start because we have very little talent at safety,but he was projected to be a late 3rd or early 4th across the board. It would have been nice to get Kindle there and wait till the 3rd to grab Ward. As far as Hardesty goes,I saw some youtube clips of him and was impressed not only with his running,but saw some great receiving ability. Everyone should check this out ( one is nine min and shows some really great highlights ). If he lives up to expectations he will be worth moving up to get. I understand every position cannot be addressed with ome draft. In the next month or so we need to get a veteran WR like Coles or T.O.. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

2. Craig "turkdawg" Malensek says:

McCoy could be a great pick if the fans in cleveland do not rush him in. Right now we have a proven starter in town for a year or two so we should wait and not start chanting McCoy in the stadium after Jake’s first pick. Let the kid learn and not rush him ala Tim Couch or make him our saviour like Quinn

No way should the fans in cleve be ABLE to effect a rush to play anyone…and i have confidence this group has what it takes to withstand that pressure.
    Funny, but if it was just the Mangini the one ignoring fans cries, they’d crucify him as the big dumb igor or something. some might still, and even try and include the show.
    can’t wait to this year; should be fun…as long as we understnad not to expect perfection.