Browns right guard Floyd “Pork Chop” Womack underwent arthroscopic knee surgery, a source said, and will miss the rest of preseason.
But he could be back in time for the opener Sept. 12 in Tampa. If not, there’s a good chance rookie Shawn Lauvao will get the nod. Lauvao was excused today and will miss the rest of this week for a personal reason, but coach Eric Mangini was encouraged by his performance with the starters in Green Bay.
The whole right side of the line is in a state of flux, with right tackle John St. Clair sitting out today and projected starter Tony Pashos missing his second week with a shoulder injury. At right guard and right tackle today were Billy Yates and Scott Kooistra, respectively.
But Mangini said St. Clair should be back Thursday and that the Browns are getting close on Pashos.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on