The Browns, in officially announcing their trade for Vikings DE Jayme Mitchell Wednesday, also announced that they had waived CB Derrick Roberson.
Roberson, 25, appeared in two games this season for Cleveland but did not record any statistics. The 6-6, 285-pound Mitchell, acquired for an undisclosed 2012 draft choice, will play end in the Browns’ 3-4 scheme. Mitchell, 26, had one tackle – a sack at New Orleans in Week One.
The release of Roberson leaves the Browns with only three full-time corners: Eric Wright, Sheldon Brown and Joe Haden. However, reserve Mike Adams can also play cornerback
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on
- Browns Dump Four Players Including CB Carrie, TE Harris on