* The roll of the dice on the onside kick after the Browns went up 3-0 is a classic case of going to the well one too many times. Everyone knew that the trickery would backfire at some point, and while it was the Browns who shot themselves in the foot on the play, it basically gave the Jets three points as they got a field goal from the drive.
* Colt McCoy continues to look like a QB that will lead this team for years to come. He makes plays when there’s nothing out there, and doesn’t seem to rattle under pressure. His first half numbers, 8 for 12 for 112 yards with a QB rating of 96.5 is impressive against a good Jets D.
* Injuries could really hurt the Browns in the second half, as CB Sheldon Brown is out with a shoulder injury, and Josh Cribbs’ injury to his foot could really kill this team, as he is one of the few playmakers they have along with Peyton Hillis.
* Speaking of Hillis, he is having another strong effort with 10 rushes for 60 yards and a TD, and one has to wonder if the Jets are going to stack the box in the second half to try and make McCoy beat them in the second half.
* The Browns need to stop worrying about Braylon Edwards. He has two catches for 27 yards, but both catches and one miss deep in Browns territory, Browns defenders were looking to lay an extra hit on him. The question – why? Edwards is his own worst enemy, let him beat himself.
* The first drive of the second half for the Jets is key. They lead by four, and even a field goal can be big as the Browns haven’t had to play from behind in this short two game win streak, and it could be a chance to see if they can force McCoy into a mistake.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.