A couple notes from the first day of practice for the Browns as they get set for the 1-9 Panthers – three key players, QB Colt McCoy, WR Josh Cribbs, and TE Ben Watson all are being held out of practice today. Rumor has it that McCoy has the dreaded “high ankle sprain,” which if confirmed means he’ll be likely to not only miss the Panthers game, but maybe the next 1-3 games after that.
As far as the QB situation goes, the rumblings out of Berea is that veteran Jake Delhomme is going to be the starter for Sunday. “They know his weaknesses and his strengths,” Steve Reed of the Gaston Gazette said Wednesday on Delhomme. “There’s still a lot of support here for Jake still.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on