Middle Tennessee State running back Phillip Tanner ran the 40-yard dash in 4.55 seconds today at his campus Pro Day workout, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation. The 5-foot-10, 208-pounder also posted a 36-inch vertical leap and a 10-3 broad jump.
Among the teams attending the workout: the Titans, Texans, Ravens, Chargers, Browns, Raiders, 49ers and the Buccaneers. Tanner is regarded as a later round possibility for teams. Tanner has versatility with the ability to play wide receiver and return kicks. So, he could provide value for a team looking to save a roster spot.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on
- Browns Dump Four Players Including CB Carrie, TE Harris on