The Jake Delhomme ERA in Cleveland is officially about to come to an end. Fox Sports is reporting that the Browns are going to cut ties with the one-time Panthers QB, this after just one season with the Browns which was filled with injuries and poor play.
He was scheduled to earn $5.4 million in base salary in 2011. Last year in signing as a free agent that was expected to add veteran leadership to the Browns young team, he played in just five games, throwing for 872 yards with two touchdowns and seven picks.
His interception which was returned for a score in the opener at Tampa was a bad sign of things to come. His last game with the Browns came in the 13-6 loss at Buffalo on December 12th in which he was just 12-for-20 for 86 yards.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on