One of the most significant changes to come out of the bye week: Pat Shurmur will give rookie Greg Little a start as the X receiver. Little has played a lot, but has started only one game, catching 14 passes for 131 yards without a score. Now, he’ll open games at the X — split wide on the weak side — and then move into the slot in three-receiver sets.
“Greg has played over 200 snaps, but as it goes forward here we’ll just put him at the X,” said Shurmur. “We’ll get him in there and get him starting. I’m optimistic as we move forward.” The Browns have opened with various combinations of receivers, including twice with Brian Robiskie and Mohamed Massaquoi. If the Browns open in a two-receiver set in Oakland, it would be Little and Massaquoi.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on