While the Browns are 3-3 after Sunday’s lackluster 6-3 win over the Seahawks, Pat Shurmur gave the team the day off, and went out and said that Colt McCoy did good things and is improving. Huh?
In Colt McCoy’s first game since Browns President Mike Holmgren said he’d evaluate him after the season, McCoy failed to score a touchdown, produced a total of six points and earned a 59.0 rating. But Browns coach Pat Shurmur is looking for progress from his young quarterback and felt he got it during Sunday’s 6-3 victory over the Seahawks.
“I think Colt’s improving and I’ll stick with what I said [Sunday]: I thought he battled,” said Shurmur. “He scrambled once and got a first down, he got outside the pocket a couple of times and got yards and got out of bounds. He did a lot of good things.” Shurmur acknowledged that he’s got to find a way to get McCoy out of the gate faster. The Browns have been outscored, 34-3, in the first quarter and struggled again against the Seahawks.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on