Peyton Hillis apologized today for missing the Cleveland Boys and Girls Club Halloween party that he was supposed to attend Monday night, attributing it to misinformation he received.
Hillis failed to show up for the event, which was 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Former Browns offensive lineman LeCharles Bentley, who’s on the club’s board, had secured a commitment from Hillis’ brother and business agent, Kyle Hillis.
“I just want to say I’m sorry about the charity event that happened yesterday with the Boys and Girls Club,” said Hillis. “There was a lot of miscommunication between me and the management that I had, and if I knew the full depths of it, I wouldn’t have missed it. I’ve always made community events before, (but) that shouldn’t be an excuse now. Like I said, I’m sorry about everything, and hopefully in the near future we can be able to make that up.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on