Browns head coach Pat Shurmur will be without his top two running backs when his new team hosts his former team on Sunday as Peyton Hillis and Montario Hardesty are not expected to play against the Rams.
Hillis aggravated his left hamstring injury during last Friday’s practice and missed a third straight game on Sunday. Hardesty had replaced Hillis in the starting lineup but suffered a calf injury against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 8.
With Hillis and Hardesty on the sidelines, Chris Ogbonnaya has been the primary running back, gaining 80 yards on 27 carries the last three games. Thomas Clayton was signed last week and had 10 yards on five carries against the Houston Texans on Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on