Another week, and it will be another week without running back Peyton Hillis.
The embattled running back will miss next Sunday’s game against the Jaguars, head coach Pat Shurmur announced on Monday.
Hillis injured his hamstring in a Week 6 loss to the Raiders. The fourth-year running back out of Arkansas was close to returning, but suffered a setback prior to the team’s Week 9 loss to the Texans. Coming off a 1,177-yard/10-touchdown season, Hillis has just 211 yards and two touchdowns on 60 attempts in 2011.
With 2010 second-round pick Montario Hardesty out with a calf injury, Chris Ogbonnaya, who was signed off the Texans practice squad in Week 7, has been the primary ball-carrier the last two weeks. On Sunday, Ogbonnaya had 19 carries for 90 yards against the St. Louis Rams, the team that had selected him in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft.
In addition to Hillis, safety T.J. Ward will not play against the Jaguars.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on