Peyton Hillis will miss his sixth consecutive game with a hamstring injury.
Hillis hasn’t played since getting hurt on Oct. 16 at Oakland, and on Monday coach Pat Shurmur ruled the bruising back out for this Sunday’s game at Cincinnati.
Hillis rushed for nearly 1,200 yards in his Browns’ debut last season. Shurmur remains “hopeful” Hillis will return at some point this season, but he doesn’t know when.
Also, Browns fullback Owen Marecic sustained a concussion in Sunday’s win over Jacksonville. Shurmur does not know Marecic’s status for this week’s game.
Safety T.J. Ward will miss his third straight game with a sprained foot. Ward is in a protective boot and Sunday said he expects to be back “in a few weeks.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on