Tony Grossi is back as a member of the media covering the Browns, as he’s joined forces with ESPN Cleveland for the 2012 season.
On their station website today, Grossi wrote about the deal that the Browns were unable to pull off with the Rams that would have landed them the #2 pick and the shot to draft RG3.
Here’s a snipit.
“Honestly, when it didn’t happen I think there are reasons that I can’t go into right now, but there is a very close relationship between the people getting the deal done and the people who offered. And I’m not sure anything we offered would have been good enough. We were very, very aggressive and it didn’t work,” Holmgren said.
Holmgren made those comments on a conference call with Browns season-ticket holders. The question about the Browns’ seriousness about the trade talks did not come up until the 54th minute of a 60-minute question and answer session.
“Most of the stories that I have seen – all of them I’ve seen – were incorrect in what our offer was, when we entered the process and in how we went about it,” Holmgren said.
The relationship to which Holmgren referred was the friendship between Rams coach Jeff Fisher and Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.
Click HERE to read the Rest of the Story!
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on