Poll: Grade The Browns Two First Round Picks in the Draft

7 Responses to “Poll: Grade The Browns Two First Round Picks in the Draft”

1. Goff says:

Overspent on Trent and what weapons does Weeden have? Should have taken an O lineman or WR at 22 and If Colt flops again you have a top 5 pick next year and that QB would weapons around him.

• Dotcommie says:

That would have been hilarious to have taken Kalil at #4, and then moved up to Chicago’s spot and stolen Wright out from under Tennessee’s noses.

2. John Razzutto says:

It’s amazing how many people critize the mangement on all the negative remarks on the draft. If u guys think its so easy to negotiate than u do it .Bunch of Spineless Ham & Eggers. Let H&H do there Frickin Jobs
    and wait till the draft is over until your negative crap comes out cause thats all it is BS….

• Dotcommie says:

I can only partly agree with you.

Although I am not excited about TRich taking 3 more picks out of our holster, nor about Weeden being drafted instead of one of the top WRs (like Wright, who was in striking distance of the Browns at #22)…

Hrmm, if we had those three picks to move up to Chicago’s spot or if Wright would have fallen, would we be discussing a Weeden pick on Day 1?

Actually, we can only wait and see what we have in Weeden. HOWEVER, if he busts, H&H could be in serious trouble. There’s no guarantee that they can fill the line or WR holes (effectively) with the remaining picks. Sure, they can get guys who take up roster spots. Can those players do more than the awful products from last year? Wait and see, but keep your torches and pitchforks at the ready.

3. Phil C says:

I am Ok with Trent, not too happy about future qb contraversy. Been through two since expansion. If they get rid of Colt, next year is a start to another “rebuild to nowhere year” I am not expecting the team to be in playoffs or anything I just want to see signs of improvement. Maybe better than four wins and at least one in conference win. I had belief they could of done it. But with the qb pick not so confident. On top of the lack of action in free agency and sending Hillis packing. Shame…Shame…Shame

Where is the common sense? will we brownies get a break from stupid? Lately I have been feeling like Randy Qaiud in Major League.

4. Starr Towell says:

As a newly-minted Browns fan, I would like to encourage everyone to become very excited about what is fixing to happen to your team. Yes Brandon Weeden is 28 years old, big deal, he has everything it takes to be “the guy”! I have watched every college game he has played in. His maturity is an ASSET! If he only gets to play 5-7 years, and plays them well and turns the Browns into a winning team, that is WORTH it! Better than what you have been going through?? He is as good or better than any QB drafted this year and he beat them all. Be ready, my friends, gonna be a fun ride!

Y’know, we have several picks playing from the previous 2 drafts — and they are playing pretty well. The front office guys have demonstrated — to me, at least — that they know how to evaluate talent. While the record last year wasn’t good, it was with a very young team and an inexperienced QB. I was surprised at Weeden in round 1, but only mildly. From what I had heard, a lot of draft “experts” rated Weeden as a decent pick. No one seemed to be afraid of his age — especially since his body has not been abused like other QBs inserted early into a team. We can easily get 10 years out of this guy — in a franchise that has been rotating QBs like changing socks since its return, this sounds pretty good to me. Gotta go back to the Otto Graham era to match it. Weeden can throw accurately and downfield.