Mike Holmgren seems to have it in his head for now that Brandon Weeden will have to beat out Colt McCoy for the Browns starting QB job in 2012.
Browns President Mike Holmgren stressed Tuesday that although the team expects rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden to start this season, he’ll still have to beat out Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace for the job. “We drafted a young quarterback that we think can come in and play right away,but we’re not just going to hand him the football,” the Browns president said on The Bull and Fox Show on 92.3 The Fan. “I still love Colt McCoy [but] we had a chance to get a mature quarterback who has a chance to come in and contribute right away. Whether that happens or not we have to let it play out. We have to let them compete. We have to let them play and see what happens. The fact that we drafted him so high means that we like him, but we also like Colt McCoy and we like Seneca as well.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on