Browns coach Pat Shurmur indicated Wednesday he could name his starting quarterback anytime between now and the first preseason game Aug. 10 in Detroit.
“I think it makes sense to name the starter well before the start of the season, and so that’s probably what will happen,” the Browns coach said. “I’ve said all along sooner is better. I want to get all of the guys out here and watch them work again. I’ve had a chance to go over what everybody did in the spring numerous times and I feel good about what I saw from Brandon [Weeden] and Colt [McCoy] and Seneca [Wallace]. So I’ll have some form of an announcement soon.”
“Whenever coach does it, he’ll know and it will be for a good reason,” said Weeden. “That’s his job. I can only control what I do on the field. He knows what he’s doing. He doesn’t need people or myself to worry about it. He told me to go play football and the rest will take care of itself.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on