Browns new owner Jimmy Haslam didn’t sound like a man ready to blow up the whole organization the minute he takes over for Randy Lerner during his introductory press conference.
Haslam, who held a 25-minute press conference in Berea today, complimented Browns President Mike Holmgren several times, referring to him as a “future Hall of Famer” and a football legend.
“I sense there is a strong feeling here thaat Mike and the team have things headed in the right direction,” he said. “I think we have to listen, learn and observe.”
Haslam also said, “There’s no reason this can’t be a winning franchise. Everything is here. If they don’t, I’ll accept the blame. It’s our fault we didnt execute like we should. Every other piece is in place.”
Haslam, who stood throughout the press conference, addressed a number of other topics during the session.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on