It’s been a hot topic in Cleveland this week, that being Mike Holmgren and his visit to Dallas with the Browns to see the team take on the Cowboys.
Holmgren went out of his way to deny reports that he has interest in coaching the Cowboys should Jason Garrett be ousted at some point in the near future.
While he didn’t necessarily give those rumors legs on Sunday, he didn’t exactly cut them off either when the Browns’ outgoing president chatted up Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
“Well, we had the visit that we always have when he comes, when I come to where he is,” Jones said. “We’re good friends. We served for about seven or eight years on the Competition Committee together….We visited about all the things that we normal visit about.
“He’s a really, apart from being an outstanding coach, he’s a heck of a man. He’s got a lot of character and I can’t tell you how much I respect him. When you’re close like that and spend a lot of time with somebody, familiarity can breed contempt. It’s just the opposite with him. Every time I’ve been around him he’s gone up.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on