Browns outgoing team President Mike Holmgren is going, going goolgrne.
The teams public relations staff confirmed to the media after the win over the Steelers that Sunday was Holmgren’s last with the team.
Holmgren was the subject of rumors as a possible future head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, and last week was in Dallas when the Browns played the Cowboys.
The announcement of Holmgren leaving the team was made about awhile ago after it was announced that Jimmy Haslam III was buying the team from Randy Lerner.
Holmgren was responsible for the hire of current coach Pat Shurmur, and also worked hand in hand with GM Tom Heckert on the drafting of players now on the roster.
The outgoing president told the media in what many felt was his good-bye press conference that he still felt he had the itch to coach again.
We shall see if that’s now the case that he’s leaving the team for good.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on