Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that 49ers will attempt to trade quarterback Alex Smith this offseason.
Some believe they will be able to do it because there is not a great supply of available quarterbacks and there is a demand for Smith.
Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner worked well with Smith in San Francisco when he was the team’s offensive coordinator in 2006 and Chiefs coach Andy Reid has expressed interest in Smith in the past, making Cleveland and Kansas City two possible destinations.
There’s one other factor to consider in the 49ers’ preference to trade Smith. If San Francisco deals him instead of cutting him it would save the $1 million or $2 million roster bonus it would have to pay if he is released.
So with that in mind – do you want Smith? If so, what would you be willing to give up for him? Owner Jimmy Haslam has already said there will be an open QB competition this year in camp – but if the team inks Smith – you would have to
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on