Despite signing Jason Campbell, the Browns are going to continue to scout the top quarterbacks in the draft, as they will head to Tallahassee, Fla., on April 5th to conduct a private workout with Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel.
Manuel (6-4, 237) has been climbing up draft boards according to analysts, and is expected to be taken in the first round.
The Browns have the No. 6 pick overall. Browns CEO Joe Banner has said quarterback is not the focus for the Browns at No. 6, but he also has said the Browns wouldn’t rule out drafting one. He’s often cited the Eagles drafting Kevin Kolb even though they had Donovan McNabb.
Manuel, who ran a 4.59 in the 40 at the NFL Combine in February, is a dual-threat quarterback in the vein of a Colin Kaepernick or Russell Wilson.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on
- Browns Dump Four Players Including CB Carrie, TE Harris on