Receiver Davone Bess will miss the final two games of the 2013 season after being placed on the reserve/non-football illness list.
Bess was hailed as an offseason steal after the Browns acquired him from the Miami Dolphins via trade and has had an ok but not stellar season, with 42 catches for 362 yards and two touchdowns. His catches, yards, and average (8.6) were the lowest of his six-year career.
Bess created a stir on Friday after posting a photo on his Instagram account showing him lighting a suspicious-looking cigarette near a photo of Bob Marley and wearing a Rastafari flag around his neck.
The image was quickly deleted but likely did not endear him to the Browns front office.
Bess was excused from practice Thursday and Friday by head coach Rob Chudzinski for personal reasons. According to Cabot, Bess has been dealing all season long with a serious issue involving one of his family matters back home in Oakland, Ca. and the situation has taken a tremendous toll on Bess this season. Bess’s problems have nothing to do with illegal activities. Wide receiver Josh Cooper will replace Bess as the primary slot receiver in the Browns offense.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on
- Browns Dump Four Players Including CB Carrie, TE Harris on