The Cleveland Browns did not wait long before signing their first free agents of the 2014 season. The Browns struck quickly by reaching a deal with both safety Donte Whitner who has previously played with the 49ers and Bills, and linebacker Karlos Dansby, who has played with the Cardinals and Dolphins before now signing with Cleveland. Both players agreed to terms no longer than ten minutes after the free agency period began.
The Browns struggled all around last year but now with new men in the front office, coaching staff and on the field, they hope that luck will change.
The Browns are also attempting to bring in cornerback Darrelle Revis according to multiple reports. The All-Pro is on the trading block of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Browns are trying to bring him back to the AFC. Revis spent just one season with the Buccaneers.
The Browns are obviously addressing the defense early. This should surprise no one, seeing how they have a defensive minded head coach in Mike Pettine. We will continue to track their progress of free agency.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on