- The Browns rushed for 183 yards and averaged 6.1 yards per carry, while adding two rushing scores. The 183 rushing yards are the most by the team since Nov. 7, 2010, when the club racked up 230 against New England.
- QB Brian Hoyer completed 19 of 31 passes for 230 yards with one touchdown, zero interceptions and a 94.8 rating. In the second half, he completed 15 of 20 passes for 173 yards and led Cleveland to 24 points, including four consecutive scoring drives to open the second half.
- The Browns erased a 24 point deficit at halftime (27-3) and evened the game at 27-27 in the fourth quarter. The last time the Browns scored 24 or more unanswered points was on Dec. 9, 2012, when the team scored 30 straight points in a 30-7 victory against Kansas City.
- Browns 2014 third-round pick Terrance West rushed for 100 yards on 16 carries (6.3 avg.). He is the first Browns rookie to rush for 100 yards during his NFL debut since Larry Mason rushed for 133 at New England on Oct. 4, 1987. West is the first Browns player to reach the 100-yard rushing mark since Trent Richardson rushed for 105 yards against Baltimore on Nov. 4, 2012.
- Rookie RB Isaiah Crowell posted two rushing touchdowns, including a 3-yard score on his first career carry. He is the first Browns player with two rushing scores in one game since Trent Richardson against Washington on Dec. 16, 2012. Crowell joins Ron Johnson (1969) as the only Browns rookies to rush for multiple touchdowns during a season opener.
- WR Andrew Hawkins recorded a career-high 87 receiving yards and tied a career best with eight receptions.
- LB Paul Kruger recorded his fifth career multiple-sack game with two. He was also the last Browns player with two sacks in a game, totaling two at New England on Dec. 8, 2013. Kruger has 22 career sacks.
- LB Karlos Dansby registered his 16th career interception during his Browns debut.
- LB Jabaal Sheard, who has led the Browns in sacks each season since being selected in the second round in 2011, recorded his 22nd career sack.
- LB Chris Kirksey recorded a sack during his NFL debut.
- WR Travis Benjamin hauled in a 9-yard touchdown reception. He has five career touchdowns with three receiving.
- LT Joe Thomas extended his consecutive-snaps streak to 6,987, the longest active stretch in the league. Thomas has started all 113 games and hasn’t missed an offensive play since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.
- C Alex Mack has started and played in each of the first 81 games of his career. He hasn’t missed an offensive snap during his career, a stretch of 5,062 plays.
- Nine players (FB Ray Agnew, OL Joel Bitonio, RB Isaiah Crowell, WR Taylor Gabriel, DB Justin Gilbert, LB Chris Kirksey, OL Ryan Seymour, RB Terrance West and DB K’Waun Williams) made their NFL debut.
- K Billy Cundiff converted on field goals of 39 and 25 yards.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.